On Thursday, October 31, we will be celebrating Halloween by having our Annual Costume Parade at 1:00 pm and Halloween Room Parties. In choosing an appropriate costume for your child to wear at school, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- No weapons or “look-alikes” of any kind (squirt guns, whips, plastic swords, etc.)
- Ensure that costumes are appropriate and not offensive to all ages at our school
- Keep make-up to a minimum (there is only a short time given to students to change into costume)
- No one may wear make-up or costumes to school in the morning
- Be certain that your child can see through any mask or head covering
Students will have a typical lunch/recess and get prepared for the parade once they return to their classrooms. All parade spectators are asked to remain outside for the duration of the parade. Our parade will begin at 1:00 PM and follow this route:
- The students will exit the back doors
- We will take the path behind the parks and use the sidewalk on Salem
- We will enter the building using the front doors
- Students will go directly to their classrooms for their party
All Halloween room parties will begin immediately following the parade and end by 2:30 PM. Only those people that are on the volunteer list in the main office will be allowed to help at the party.
As a reminder, according to District policy, there will be no food allowed at any of the classroom parties. We ask that you do not send any food to school for your child to pass out to his/her classmates. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and we hope all our students have a fun and safe Halloween this year!