Welcome Back Eagles!
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year. We hope that you are still enjoying the last few weeks of summer. It is hard to believe, but it is time to start getting ready to come back to school soon. Below you will find some information that will be helpful heading into the school year.
Teacher assignments will be mailed home next week. Teacher assignments will not be given out at Information Day. Please make sure you have registered your children and have all the correct paper work on file.
Our school will have extended hours on Wednesday, August 7. In addition to our regular school hours, the office will be open 6:00 – 8:00 PM.
Back to School Night
We look forward to seeing you at Back to School Night on Thursday, August 15. Below is the schedule for the event:
- 4:30 – 5:00 Digital Learning Presentation in the gym
- 5:00 – 5:25 First classroom presentation
- 5:35 – 6:00 Second presentation
- 6:00 – 6:30 PTA information
Digital Learning Presentation
Each of your students will be receiving a digital device this year. Kindergarten – 2nd grade will receive an iPad and students in 3rd – 6th will receive a Chromebook. There will be important information pertaining to these devices shared during the presentation on 8/15. If you have an incoming student in grades K – 5 or a student new to D54 in 6th grade, you are strongly encouraged to attend.
First Day of School
We look forward to welcoming all students in Grades 1-6 on Monday, August 19. Kindergarten students will begin on Monday, August 26.
- Doors to the school open at 8:20 AM. The first bell rings at 8:35 AM and school begins at 8:40 AM
- School dismisses at 3:00 PM daily, except Wednesdays when students are dismissed at 2:30 PM for staff development. We dismiss on all half days at 11:40 AM
- Please keep in mind that the parking lot closes between 2:50 -3:10 PM Monday through Friday (Wednesdays 2:20-2:40 PM)
It is important for teachers to know how your child will be dismissed at the end of the day. Please confirm dismissal procedures with the classroom teacher at Back to School Night. In addition, if your child’s transportation changes during the school year, be sure to contact the office before the end of the school day.
Lunch is every day, 11:45 – 12:30. Be sure to send your child to school with a lunch. It helps the office greatly when student come to school with their lunch already packed. Please try to avoid dropping off lunches.
School Supply List